The 25Live system has begun a series of upgrades that will conclude with a new calendar system called, 25Live Pro. 25Live/Event Management is still a campus wide, web based, class and event scheduling software that unites all users on a single database but it will do so much more! The following months will be filled with enhancements and changes, please be patient as this exciting new system gets upgraded.
Only employees (faculty and staff) of Lawrence Tech may obtain and utilize logins to submit room requests. Students who would like to reserve a room must have their faculty/ staff representative or the Office of Student Engagement submit the request on their behalf.
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding event/room scheduling. For a full listing of the rules and responsibilities of room reservations please visit our Reservation Policies section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can reserve rooms at LTU?
All LTU faculty and staff can reserve rooms. We recommend first contacting your department to determine if there is a specific policy or a liaison that takes care of placing reservations. Student club and organization leaders should contact their faculty/staff representative or the Office of Student Engagement to have them place the room reservation requests. Requests received directly from students will not be accepted.
Do we reserve rooms for groups outside of LTU?
If you are an outside group or if you are an LTU employee requesting space for a group that is not affiliated with LTU you will need to contact Robin Leclerc, in Advancement, to reserve a room. She will go over any liability concerns and rental prices. You can reach Robin at 248.204.2203.
Please Note: Students are not allowed to obtain access. Student clubs and organizations leaders should contact their faculty/staff representative or the Office of Student Engagement to have them place the desired room reservation requests. Requests received directly from students will not be accepted.
How early can I turn in my room request?
We encourage all requests to be submitted as far in advance as possible, even if it is for a future term. Scheduling events for future terms will start approximately one month before that term. Until then requests will be kept as pending until the academic class schedule has been set for that term. We will email you once we are able to proceed with your request
What if I have a last minute request?
We know things come up at the last minute but please plan in advance. For last minute requests, please call the Event Management Team Chevette White at x3111 or Lisa Frasch at x3117.
Can the event management team move classes for special events?
NO! We are unable to move classes to accommodate events. The only standing exception to this rule is Admission events. If your class needs to be relocated we would contact both the department and faculty member at least 2 weeks in advance.
If a person or group would like to appeal for an exception to this policy they will need to get written approval from the University Provost. The written permission must then be forwarded in order to proceed with scheduling your event. Please be aware it is rare for requests of this nature to be approved.
There are two ways to submit changes or event cancellations:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Any requests made in this manner you will need to include the event reservation reference (2012-AABCDE). Requests submitted without the reference will not be processed. You can find the reference in your original request confirmation email.
- Make modifications or cancellations within 25Live Pro. To do this:
- Go to 25Live Pro and click on “More”
- Click on “Search” in the drop down menu
- At the top near "Select Object", make sure Event is selected in the drop down menu. Next to that - Click on "Event Drafts You Have Requested"
- A list of events will appear
- Please state your event change or let us know you are cancelling.
- When submitting reservation changes please give all the details
Audio Visual - All Audio Visual requests must be arranged by the event requestor through the Audio Visual department at least 10 business days in advance. Additional time should be added to your request for events requiring set-up/tear down. Please make sure to reserve the extra time to ensure the room will be open during the times Media Services needs to prepare for your event. If you have any questions they can be reached at email@example.com or 248.204.3020.
Campus Dining - All food requests or catering needs (which include snacks, meals, drinks, table clothes, etc.) must be arranged by the event requestor through Dining Services. Outside food vendor requests must also go through Dining Services and are contingent upon their approval. Please contact Nancy Thomas in Campus Dining at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.204.3203 for more information.
Campus Facilities - All set-up/tear down requests must be arranged by the event requestor through Campus Facilities at least 10 business days prior to your event. Additional time should be added to your request for events requiring set-up/tear down time. Please include this extra time in your reservation to ensure the room will be open during the time Campus Facilities needs to complete your set-up. If you have any questions they can be reached at email@example.com or 248.204.3800.
Campus Safety Notification - If you are planning an event that occurs outside normal business hours (8:00am -4:30pm) you must notify Campus Safety that your event will be taking place. Please inform them of everything that will be going on so that they can ensure the space is unlocked and accessible and adequately cover the event and the rest of campus. Any further questions, please contact Campus Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.204.3945.
Am I responsible for cleaning up the room after my event?
Yes! All rooms should be returned to their original state. If you have rearranged the room to accommodate a specific set-up for your event make sure you move the tables and chairs back the way you found them. Tabletops should be cleaned off after events in which food has been served. Garbage should be thrown in trash bins. Having nice rooms to hold meetings in is a privilege we should all respect. To continue to be eligible to reserve spaces on campus please act responsibility and return the space/room to its original state.
Should I submit class schedules through 25Live Pro?
No! You should submit semester course schedules in an Excel format to email@example.com. The only time you would have to make a request through 25Live Pro for a class is if they need a different space once during the semester.
- 25Live Pro is set up on a calendar year (as opposed to an academic year) schedule. Therefore do not submit requests with dates in two different calendar years. We will be unable to process these requests. Instead submit two requests, breaking up the reservation by calendar year dates.
- You can reserve multiple rooms in the same reservation as long as you need them all for the same time frame. Please do not submit a separate request for each room, unless it is for a different time frame.
- You can also reserve multiple dates in the same reservation. You can have the event repeat daily, weekly, or on random dates of your choice. The key here is that the event needs to have the same start and end time on each day.
- LTU’s busiest class time is Monday - Thursday from 5-9:00p.m. Space for events is extremely limited at those times. We encourage you to request space for events during this time as far in advance as possible. Also when requesting for this time frame you should also have a few backup spaces in mind as well.
- To add set-up and tear down time, please make note of it in the first comment box on the request. Only the scheduling team will see this information. This is necessary if you are hosting an event receiving assistance from Campus Facilities, Dining, or Audio Visual Services.
There are several spaces on campus that need to go through a multiple step approval process before your event can be confirmed. Make sure you submit requests for these spaces as far in advance as possible. The rooms are:
Alumni Hall - Taubman Building
Architecture Gallery (A210)
Buell Management Building (M216B, M336, & M337)
Engineering Building (E108, E109, E156, & E159)
Ridler Field House
Science conference room (S108)
The Taubman Board Room (C402)
The Taubman Complex (J230 & J351)
Welcome Center (C406) - events after 5 p.m.