The University provides a student-centered comprehensive educational experience with technologically focused professional programs. The University’s undergraduate and graduate learning outcomes foster students’ intellectual development into knowledgeable professionals, critical thinkers, and ethical leaders. University faculty members have established the following undergraduate and graduate learning outcomes in the areas of discipline-specific knowledge, critical thinking, and leadership and ethics:
Undergraduate Learning Outcomes
University Educational Outcomes
- Written Communication: LTU graduates will demonstrate professional standards in written communication by mastering the fundamentals of writing mechanics and integrating evidence and analysis within a coherent structure.
- Oral Communication: LTU graduates will demonstrate effectiveness in oral communication through development of content clearly and articulately.
- Critical Thinking in Humanities: LTU Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking skills in reading complex texts and analyzing arguments.
- Quantitative Reasoning: LTU graduates will demonstrate Quantitative Reasoning capabilities through applying mathematics and statistical methods to solves problems.
- Scientific Analysis: LTU graduates will demonstrate proficiency in principles of science and applying it to solve scientific problems.
- Technology: LTU graduates will demonstrate the ability to apply advanced technologies to practical and theoretical problems in their disciplines.
- Ethics: LTU graduates will demonstrate an understanding of ethical issues related to their disciplinesm the ethical codes adopted by relevant professional associations, and the social consequences of their ethical decisions.
- Leadership: LTU graduates will demonstrate civic, team, and global leadership skills by identifying a personal leadership philosophy, exhibiting entrepreneurial skills, an becoming agents of positive change.
- Teamwork: LTU graduates will demonstrate team-building and collaboration skills by making decisions, building consensus, resolving conflicts, and evaluating team members contribuions.
- Graphical Communication: LTU graduates will demonstrate a mastery of the graphical communication skills in presenting and reporting professional work.
Graduate Learning Outcomes
- LTU graduates will apply and, in accordance with their course of study, develop advanced knowledge within their discipline.
- LTU graduates will analyze and interpret information and implement decisions using the latest techniques and technologies.
- LTU graduates will evaluate scholarly literature and, in accordance with their course of study, contribute to the literature.
- LTU graduates will communicate effectively using written, oral, graphical, and digital formats.
Leadership & Ethics
- LTU graduates will develop a broad perspective on professional issues, such as lifelong learning, sustainability, leadership, and ethics.
Download Undergraduate University Educational Outcomes PDF