The University has a selective admissions process, the objective of which is to identify men and women who have the highest potential for advancement in their chosen field of study. Transfer students are students who graduated from high school and have taken 30 or more credits at a post-secondary institution. H
igh school students who completed post-secondary coursework before their high school graduation are considered freshmen students, not transfers.
- Completed application
- Official college transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Official final high school transcripts or GED
- Essay describing your educational goals, highlighting your educational career, or describing your involvement in any leadership development programs
- Application fee of $30
If you have completed 30 or more credit hours, admission is based upon your college GPA. Both official college and high school transcripts are required. If you have completed fewer than 30 credit hours, admission is based upon your high school transcripts.
An official transfer credit evaluation will be completed upon your admission to LTU. In order for a class to be transferable, you must have completed the course with a "C" grade (2.0) or higher. You are encouraged to meet with an admissions counselor at Lawrence Tech early in your college/university career for proper advising. Please visit the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) website to view transferable courses from local colleges and universities.
Specific Admission Requirements
- All majors, except architecture and transportation design, require an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher to meet admission requirements. Architecture and transportation design majors require an overall GPA of 2.2 or higher.
- Architecture majors require a portfolio for transfer credit purposes. Click here for portfolio requirements.
|Lawrence Technological University
Office of Admissions
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075